GW | TCP is a thermal coating using a flame spraying-procedure with self-fluxing alloys. The powder is a nickel based powder of around 70% Ni reaching a hardness of 62 ± 2 HRC and a layer thickness 1,5 mm. The coating of the rolls assure a very high wear- and corrosion resistance, that means mechanical and chemical attack of the coated barrel surface is highly reduced.
For special applications (for example sharp strip ends) we offer our GW|TCP- Custom-Made-Rolls with an intermediate tungsten carbide surfaces of approx. 150 – 220mm mm on the left and right roller barrel end reaching a hardness of 70 ± 2 HRC. The rest of the roller barrel will be coated with nickel-basis-powder.
- Powder flame technology
- Powder to be melted by acetylen/oxygen flame
- Particles are projected onto the roll surface
- Thermal melting process required after projecting
- the powder onto the roll surface
- As a result the layer perfectly adheres to the base material
- Layer thickness of max. 1.5mm
- Layer has a high density
- Hardness with Nickel basic alloy 62 ± 2 HRC
- Hardness with Tungsten carbide alloy 70 ±2 HRC